Monday, July 12, 2010

Hear No Evil














Much of my life is sugar coated with my own optimistic attitude…Not today. I present you with an age old question that I also asked myself, is ignorance bliss? Being a sugary sweet diabetic coma of an optimist, I suppose I should say yes. If the answer to a question is either blissful or terrible an optimist should go with the first one. Not making sense yet? Gotcha. It seems as though ignorance is only blissful when you’re 2 years old or younger, once you’re old enough to figure things out…to put puzzle pieces together, true ignorance goes out the window. Once you KNOW something it’s hard to UN-know it, sure you can shield yourself by never finding out the truth but that’s not ignorance, that’s just denial. You can avoid the truth by ignoring it but eventually your imagination will grab hold and probably make it even worse. To general for ya? Gotcha. Point is, if a dog is pissing on my leg, don’t tell me its raining…ignorance sucks more then reality does most of the time, might as well just deal with it. Life isn't going to get any easier just because you stopped paying attention. See, right when you thought I was going to paint my hair black and buy tickets to a Marilyn Manson concert, BOOM! Optimism shines through…quite the one paragraph rollercoaster ride if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment