Monday, June 21, 2010

Zee Swatting


Just as I am shutting down after a long day and my thoughts are being put to rest for the evening, all that remains is the constant tick tock coming from my bright red clock perched above my bed, a song begins to circulate in my head. It takes at least one if not two hours just to fall asleep at night when this happens. It precedes bad dreams. It’s borderline nauseating. The song stuck in the deepest cavern of my brain is on a non stop loop. The only possible relief is to sing that song aloud but just like tub thumping or any song from the Spice Girls, nobody around you wants to hear it. Singing a song as a remedy to rid yourself of a pesky mental 8-track is a myth anyway, who is to say that serenading unwilling individuals with your worthless crap of a song would even work. Your best bet is to just lie down, count the sheep, and hope to G-D that the song rotting your brain becomes dull enough to catch some Z’s. Good night America.

No comments:

Post a Comment