Monday, August 13, 2012

Jefferson's vs Titanic



Week 1 of the preseason provided a lot of insight into what we can expect from certain guys in the world of fantasy football. So, in lieu of the change in perception and rankings of certain individuals, I have come up with 2 divisions that express where I think some players are headed as far as fantasy value is concerned.

The 1st division is the Jefferson's division, which means that the players listed below are movin' on up my rankings list.

Jefferson's:

1. Donald Brown - Andrew Luck will get all the credit for that 63 yrd TD pass but he didn't none of the work for it. Luck dumped the ball off to Brown who took it to pay dirt. Got to love that play, especially from a guy who doesn't have much competition in that backfield to begin with.

2. Julio Jones - I was already high on this guy, he's got all the talent in the world and if he stays healthy its hard to imagine him not improving his #'s from his rookie season. Add to that, 6 rec. 109 and a TD in one half of preseason action.

3. Pierre Garcon - This guy might end up being one of the best values on draft day. Garcon is currently ranked around 30th for WR's. Are you kidding me?! This guy started to light it up towards the end of last season with Dan Or'freakin'Lovsky as his QB, now he has the marvel out of Baylor RGIII throwing him the ball. Fantasy gold. RGIII showed in the Redskins first preseason game that he plans to rely heavily on his french teammate.

The 2nd division is known as the Titanic division, because these guys are going down!

Titanic:

1. Shonn Greene - Greene is one of those guys that has all the opportunity in the world but doesn't do much with it. Last year with an aging LT in the backfield with him, he still had a hard time pulling away. Yeah he had 1,000 yards rushing but he only had one game with 100 yrds rushing last season. The Jets do run the ball a lot and I was starting to buy in to the Greene hype for the first time...but the fact that Tebow lead the team in rushing after that first game just shows me that nothing will change. Shonn Greene will be depressing and frustrating fantasy owners all year long.

2. Cam Newton - As much as I hate to say this, because I've been a huge Cam Newton guy. I'm afraid he will regress more than people think this year. I still think he's going to be great over his career but as far as this year is concerned I see defenses really keying on stopping him and flustering him in every which way. He'll still put up #'s and I'm not shying away from him in drafts, I'm just thinking of moving him from a 2nd rounder to a 3rd or 4th rounder.

3. Larry Fitzgerald - I LOVE Larry Fitzgerald.  But I HATE his QB situation. Right now, if you want Fitz, you have to spend a 2nd round pick on him. He's generally the 2nd or 3rd receiver taken in most drafts. For me, there is NO WAY I'm spending that early of a pick on anyone who relies on John Skelton or Kevin Kolb. If you watched the Hall of Fame game you probably agree with me. Fitz is one of the best talents if not the best talent at WR in the NFL but as of right now I'm taking Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings, and AJ Green ahead of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment